In this video I walk you through how to set up microsoft office (especially onenote) on you ubuntu linux device
I'm really fond of this software and couldn't find anything that even closely resembles it on linux. Keep in mind that several features don't work. Here are the ones that I'm aware of that don't work
- Synching with onedrive
- Copying-pasting whilst preserving formatting
1) First up run these commands in bash;
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_natty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list sudo apt-get install gnome-disk-utility sudo apt-get install playonlinux sudo apt-get update
2) Download office 2010 .iso file -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7xkv0hw3zpalvv/office2010.zip?dl=0
3) Extract it and run windows office 10 with disk image mounter
4) Install microsoft office 2010 with wine
5) Update to the latest version of wine
6) Thumbs up the video or leave a comment on this article :)
- Not keeping format when copy-pasting --> Copy-paste first to wordpad to preserve formatting
- When having a 'black-screen" startup or a "crash" --> Go to playonlinux, click close and then run again.
- DW20.exe error whilst copy-pasting --> Go to playonlinux, click close and then run again.
Shall we keep you posted on interesting articles?
How to Upload Subscribers to Mailchimp Using CSV File (RubyShorts)
Ever wanted to bulk upload users to your mailchimp account but were hindered because of the omnivore alert? Well with some magical ruby code and an API-key you won't have any problems :)
How To Create An Automatic Sitemap For Your Rails App On Heroku (RailsShorts)
Wish your sitemap was automatically updated once a week or faster without having to manually update it and push the changes to your server? Combine sitemap generator & fog to fix this!
How To Do Basic CSV Manipulations In Ruby (RubyShorts)
Need some basic stuff done on your CSV like creating, reading, writing or appending? Here's a short overview!
How To Handle Errors In Ruby With Begin, Rescue & Ensure (RubyShorts)
Are your trying to catch some errors in your ruby application but can't really wrap your head around the begin, rescue and ensure blocks in ruby? Here are some pointers!
How To Query A Basic API In Ruby (RubyShorts)
Here's a quick article on how you can quickly retrieve data from an API endpoint using the open-uri and json library